1. On the radio, of course! If you live within our broadcast range, tune to 89.9 on your FM dial.
3. Via our WORT app, now available for smartphones and tablets, where you can listen live, listen to archived shows, and even fall asleep with the handy sleep clock. If you have an Android phone or tablet, just go to the Playstore to install it. On an Apple iPad or iPhone, go to the App Store to install it.
4. To listen anywhere while driving, connect to our app via Bluetooth to play on your modern automobile media center.
5. Listen via your Alexa or Echo virtual assistant. Here’s how to set that up:
- Simply say, “Alexa, play W O R T on TuneIn.” Sometimes, “Alexa play W O R T” will work great. Please be sure to spell out WORT, rather than saying it as one word.
- Or, you can enable Simple Radio on your Alexa device. Just say, “Alexa, enable Simple Radio.” Then say, “Alexa, play W-O-R-T on Simple Radio.
- NEW! Enable playing WORT as a skill on your Alexa device. Enable the skill, then use it to play out livestream or our podcasts. Just say “Alexa, enable W O R T.” Then to listen to our live stream, say, “Alexa, ask W O R T to play live.” Or, to listen to one of our podcasts, say “Alexa, ask W O R T to play [podcast name].” Say “Alexa, next” to skip to the next episode of that podcast. Our current podcast lineup is the 8 O’Clock Buzz, A Public Affair, Perpetual Notion Machine, Madison Book Beat, 6pm Local News, and Mel & Floyd. To manually enable this skill, click here.
6. Via third-party mobile app. There are many apps that will play radio stations, including WORT. Popular options include Simple Radio, MyTuner, TuneIn Radio, MyRadio (for Android), Internet Radio, and NextRadio (on Android). Just head to the Google Play Store if you own an Android, or head to the App Store if you own an Apple device. Once your app of choice is installed, search for WORT and start streaming.
7. Via any streaming software like VLC, Sonos, Winamp, and the like by supplying this URL: https://stream.wortfm.org:8443/high.mp3